Sunday, July 10, 2016

And we are off!

We were supposed to leave 3 days ago, but wow, so much to do. The kids and I slept in the van last night, in the driveway, because we'd packed all of the bedding in there and thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if we would need anything else when we were a little further away from the comforts of home. C2 ended up in my bed, and I decided that buying a kettle to go on the gas stove was essential to me getting out of bed in the mornings. 

Right now we are only an hour and a bit into the journey. It's cold and wet, and the dogs are stinking up the car at regular intervals. Made our ham and cheese rolls a little less enjoyable 😷 c1 and 3 have written in their travel journals already, but mostly everyone is playing technology. I'm testing this blog app I have - I hope I haven't published it 5 times!! Even though we changed to Telstra, service still sucks.
 I'm not having much luck posting this, maybe it'll be stuck on drafts until we get wifi?

We are here now, after a long 8.5 hours. It never usually takes us that long, but our old girl had an upset stomach this morning so we stopped a few more times just in case. The roads were often wet, with flooding in the nearby paddocks, and it was raining on and off. The car was great, I had to tell h that the speed limit for towing is actually only 100km/hour, because he was cruising along at the 110 speed limit.

With every stop, we also had a little walking try and find some Pokemon. Pokemon go is like a virtual geocache of Pokemon, and while I'm still figuring it out, it's a fun distraction from the driving.

 
The old girl might not see home again :(
 

 
Banjo has no respect for Charles Sturt! This showed up as a Pokemon gym, so the kids and I ran across the highway to see what that meant. Turns out I need to level-up before I can fight lol

C2's upper molar fell victim to a Redskin lolly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment